This was a question asked at a recent meeting? My mind was racing, I replied that could talk for hours on the benefits of Toastmasters, in short it was the catalyst for a series of events representing more than simply Public speaking
My membership has inspired, encouraged, and nurtured something inside me I didn’t know I had. If, before I joined, you had told me I would do any of following I would never have believed you!
- Speak on the radio to help promote the club
- Write a blog post
- Become the club’s President for a year and learn the importance of this community that’s changed me forever.
- Enter and win a speaking competition (yes there are such things!).
- Speak to a crowd, including the Mayor, at Speech on the Beach.
- Meet interesting, fun, inspiring people from all walks of life and made countless friends.
- Chair committee meetings via zoom.
- Feel confident speaking to groups of people.
- Become a mentor.
I look back at all the connections and experiences and I am better person for everyone one of them, so I’ll always be grateful to be a member of Worthing speakers club.
Now if you were asking the same question of a different member, you would get a different set of answers and that’s wonderful.
Where this club will take me next is an unfolding adventure, but where will it take you?