Table Topics Evaluator
The Table Topics Evaluator provides feedback to all of the Table Topics Speakers to help them become more confident and effective.
Topics is the “fun” section of a Toastmasters meeting where we all get to practice the art of impromptu speaking which:
- enables us to develop the skills of impromptu speaking
- provides a really valuable speaking opportunity for anybody who is not otherwise included in the meeting programme
The Table Topics Evaluator role is a good role to develop your evaluation skills through listening and providing brief feedback.
TABLE TOPICS EVALUATOR – THE ROLE
At the Meeting
- Arrive in good time and sit where you have a good view of the speakers but can also judge how they will be perceived by the whole room.
- Prepare a brief evaluation of each speaker. Normally this should be based on the Commend; Recommend; Commend format.
- The number of speakers each evening can vary but the time-slot is normally unchanged so the level of detail given to each speaker will need to be adjusted accordingly.
- You will be called to the stage by the Toastmaster – shake his/her hand to take control of the stage.
- Greet the audience by saying “Mr/Mme Toastmaster, fellow Toastmasters and most welcome guests…”
- When you have finished, shake hands with the Toastmaster.
Finally, if you have not completed your Competent Leadership Award and still need this role signed-up you should: (A) give your Competent Leadership manual to another member before the meeting starts with the required role identified and ask her/him to complete the required section; and (B) ensure you cover all of the objectives of the selected Competent Leadership Project during your performance of the role.